Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Thriller

Marco surprised me with tickets to Thriller, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite Halloween traditions. He didn't exactly surprise me though. I think he was so excited he told me a week before, but nonetheless, I was surprised and excited. This was to be our first date since Mateo.

We were planning on grabbing something to eat beforehand, but it just didn't work out so Marco picked up some pizza and we dropped Mateo off.  His crazy aunt Brandee watched him and together they watched scary movies.  She said if someone would scream, he would scream right back.  He is quite the little screamer now.

One of my favorite things about Thriller is the zombies that walk around and sneak up on people.  They have no shame and I love it.  They always sneak up on the suckers who have no idea they are there.  Some one will be talking to the usher to find their seat and will turn around to find that a zombie has been staring and lurking over their shoulder the whole time.  They jump and scream.  It's good times!  I love the people that avoid eye contact with them at all costs...don't they know that makes them a target. This was one of my favorites this year.  She creeped a lot of people out!  This picture just doesn't do her justice!



As always, I loved the Thriller dances, which is of course, danced to Thriller.  It was more impressive this year.  I think they were dancing their little hearts out for MJ.  My other favorite is, "Dem Bones." Typically, I am not a huge fan of tap, but the stage is completely black and then out of nowhere, you see nothing but stark white skeletons dancing, tap dancing.  It is the coolest thing.

And yet again, my not so favorite was the Lorena Bobbit numbers.  This may have been somewhat funny the first year, but every year since, not so funny.  I looked around the audience and really no one was laughing.  For those who haven't seen it, they have a woman come out and sing songs that have a not-so-subtle nod to cutting, knives and, "Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!"

Marco really liked it too.  His favorite part though, he didn't even see.  He was so disappointed that while he went to the bathroom during intermission, he missed a girl falling down the stairs.  Let me first start off by saying she was OK and she was laughing.  In fact afterward, she asked her friend, "Did I really just fall down the stairs?"  I didn't laugh, but when I told Marco what he missed, he couldn't stop laughing and that got me going.  She was one of the suckers that was scared by the zombies before the show.  Who knows, maybe she thought one was behind her as she rushed down the stairs! 



All in all, it was a great night.  Thanks Brandee for watching him!  Oh, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to smile in this picture.  Oh so serious.

2 comments:

THE OLSONS said...

I'm totally that girl who avoids eye contact! And, you're right. It doesn't work! Glad you guys had fun!

Jess said...

I totally hate that type of stuff! But I know you love it so I'm glad you got to go.